We believe counseling services should be something which is desired:
We will assist you to improve your self-care with the goal being Improved emotional health. We can assist you by helping you to successfully manage difficult life transitions by building resiliency. Enhance your self-worth/self-esteem, Improve relationships with your spouse, partner, co-workers & family members.
We are approved by the NYS DMV/OASAS to complete substance abuse assessments.
We the following interventions to help you achieve your life goals:
- Cognitive-Behavioral (CBT)
- Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Dialectical-Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Zen Productivity
I have decided to focus on productivity, organization, focus, procrastination, mindfulness, and simplicity … because it’s something we all deal with, every day.
In our daily lives, we are all grappling with:
- Inability to focus
- Fear of failure
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Feelings of stress, uncertainty & anxiety
- Forgetting things, feeling unorganized
- Things lost in inbox, or inbox overflowing
- Always worried not doing the right thing or not using the right tools
- Don’t feel like you’re doing anything meaningful
- Feel lost in a sea of tasks, no direction
- Lots to do, but don’t get much done each day
I’ve developed a system I’m calling Zen Productivity, that helps to deal with all of this.
In these sessions, you’ll learn how to:
- Align yourself with a meaningful mission
- Pursue a meaningful direction each day, and get stuff accomplished
- Find clarity on what high-impact tasks to work on each day
- Structure your day, with flexibility, to accomplish your mission
- Stay on top of your list and process your inbox to empty
- Strengthen your ability to be focused & mindful, and less distracted
- Overcome procrastination by training in discomfort & uncertainty
- Simplify to overcome the feeling of being overwhelmed
- Learn to deal simply with stress & anxiety
- Create space for play, stillness, exercise & meditation
- Allow for uncertainty in your life, and get good at being in life
In addition to the office setting, in-home sessions are also offered.
Goals of In-Home Sessions Include:
- Improving parent/child interaction and communication
- Helping parents establish rules, and consequences and learn effective discipline techniques
- Instructing the child to take responsibility for behaviors with strategies for change
- Supporting families in a collaborative manner so families can interact together in a healthy way
The Many Advantages of In-Home Counseling Include:
- The convenience of not having to drive to yet another activity or appointment
- For individual sessions, adults have the option of meeting in the traditional office setting or choosing a Walk & Talk Therapy session.
- I've found that the simple act of walking while talking out life’s challenges can open up an environment for change and renewal. Research also supports the positive link between physical activity and improved emotional well-being.
Walk & Talk Therapy
Walk & Talk Therapy is solution-focused and centers on increasing coping skills, identifying your strengths, and managing stress.
- Depressed Mood
- Postpartum Depression
- Stress Management
- Relationship Difficulties
- Self-Image Issues
- Walk & Talk Therapy is also a great introduction to walking meditation
- My clients have also reported feeling more relaxed, losing weight and lowering blood pressure.
Many clients report increased energy, improved and better sleep habits as a result of Walk & Talk Therapy. Adolescent clients especially enjoy this form of therapy compared with the traditional office setting stating that they are better able to articulate their feelings while walking and being active rather than sitting in a therapist’s office.
Walk & Talk Therapy sessions take place at a park near your home. Popular locations are bike paths along the Erie Canal & Niagara River.